Sophos Network Detection and Response (NDR)
Continuously monitoring and analyzing network traffic to identify rogue assets, unprotected devices, insider threats, and zero-day attacks.
- NDR detects malicious activity in the one place a stealthy adversary cannot hide – the network!
- Attackers go to great lengths to avoid detection, including disabling and deleting system logs
- But they still have to traverse the network
- NDR is an essential part of a defense-in-depth strategy
Sophos NDR Overview
– Sophos NDR is an add-on to Sophos MDR
– Five real-time detection engines monitor east/west (internal) traffic and north/south (outgoing/incoming) traffic to detect and flag anomalies indicative of threat activity
– Alerts are passed instantly to the Sophos MDR team for investigation and neutralization Deployed as a virtual appliance that sits on a physical or virtual switch on the corporate network
Sophos NDR: Delivering Superior Cybersecurity Outcomes
Sophos NDR elevates protection by detecting:
- Rogue devices – unauthorized, potentially malicious devices communicating across the network
- Unprotected devices – legitimate devices that can be used as an entry point • Insider threats – spot abnormal traffic and data movement from those on the inside
- Zero-day attacks – detect server command-and-control (C2) attempts based on patterns found in the session packets
- IoT and OT threats (e.g., medical devices, point of sale machines) –by monitoring data from these devices
When combined with other security telemetry, Sophos NDR enables analysts to paint a more complete picture of the attack, enabling a faster, deeper response
Why Choose Sophos NDR?
- Five different detection engines deliver maximum network threat visibility
- A unique, patented machine learning approach that identifies malware in encrypted traffic
- Domain Generation Algorithm (DGA) detection that doesn’t require additional threat intel
- Powerful risk analytics detect abnormal activity and identify patterns that warrant further investigation
- Alerts investigated and responded to by Sophos MDR
Network Detection and Response for business
Network Detection and Response - do you have any questions?